NEW WEBSITE!

I INVITE YOU TO BECOME A REGULAR AT MY WEBSITE.
WWW.YOURJOYOLOGIST.COM

Saturday, August 7, 2010

a web of self

I spin in my own web quite well.

Not having a "job" that I have to get out and to, such as an office, I find many being confused with how I occupy my time.

My brain spins and spits out ideas, possibilities, wants, edits, love, recognition, to do's, and on and on endlessly. I actually mark things in my calender for events happening, due dates, travel ideas, other peoples schedules in more and I check it constantly. My mind is swimming constantly and I am able to pause it and focus on what I am doing when I am doing it, but I make a conscious effort to hit pause. Then, when I let it play again a huge circle of creation envelopes me. I want to write this, share that, make those, oh, what's over there? I can be easily distracted and then

......woah....I just got transported away, seriously, and posted something on my website to the WHAT INSPIRES ME TODAY category and completely forgot that I was writing a blog, until I closed that window and this came back up....and then I saw the last words that I had written.  PRETTY FREAKING PERFECT....

I also, have no concept of time and have taken to setting alarms throughout the day, when I have plans to be somewhere or want to do things.  Otherwise the hours roll by and I have forgotten about things that I have scheduled or wanted to do that are outside of my internal web.

My web is a happy place.  It is not a place of stress or lacking. I am giggling and spinning in circles of joy in my web.  Yes, outside circumstances sometimes pop up to interupt my web, and I roll with them.  The web is made of a material that is buoyant.  It stretches, and takes on various forms without holding onto damaging dents.

In my web, I get to create ways to take time outs.   Even though, I spend days doing what I want and creating what I want, and making my own "schedule"  it is easy for me to forget to take a load off.  To not be attached to  To just sit and enjoy, to do my yoga practice and take a walk.  This week, I  have allotted for myself one hour of laying on the beach, book reading time.  I can take it at any time of day and it is truly a gift.

Thank you self, you are welcome self.  We got to take good care of our selves, and remember that our community is always here for us when we want support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment