NEW WEBSITE!

I INVITE YOU TO BECOME A REGULAR AT MY WEBSITE.
WWW.YOURJOYOLOGIST.COM

Monday, February 8, 2010

in a dream

Today is Sunday, I have spent 3 nights in my new place so far and I took my first shower here this morning. I bought new towels and wanted to wash them before I used them and didn’t get around to until last night. Although I am sure that I was purposefully putting it off in case I found towels that I loved more. I looked at a lot of towels before I chose those. They are a nice purple (my new signature color which happens to symbolize abundance) and green (the color of the heart chakra), woven out of bamboo and cotton. Now, I just need to find a bathmat that suits them and me. (Later in the day I found the perfect one on www.etsy.com made from old t-shirts, towels, and other materials).

Back to the shower, it is perfect! The head is at a high height that stands well above my tall self and the pressure was amazing! It got hot super quick, which is great as I don’t have to waist water waiting for it to warm up nor freeze myself in an effort to conserve water. Yay! I was wondering about how the pressure was going to be in my head all week.

For the first time I am really wanting a bathrobe and slippers. Maybe it is because of my hotel-like vibe here in my little studio. I used them all year on tour in the various hotels that we visited across the world. I often even joked with myself that I needed to be rating the different robes and that I could be earning extra cash acting as a travel reviewer for various things. My favorite robes were the shorter types, hitting just around the knee area with sleeves that hung between elbow and wrist. I even remember commenting to Jason in one of our last hotels stays that I had found my favorite robe. He advised that I go visit Toca (our percussionist)’s room and snag his robe to bring home. But, I thought I would be away in India and Bali for months on end and could not see myself lugging the robe around with me. Maybe I will start calling each hotel that I stayed at and quiz them about their robes, to find that one that I stated was my favorite.

I still can not believe that I am really hearing the ocean as I sit here typing or as I lay in bed. It feels like a dream. The last few times that I came through the garage I opened the door to the beach before heading up the stairs to my apartment. Just to take it in. I see it from the window at the top of my stairs but I just wanted the full view, air and all.

5 comments:

  1. Life should be like this!! Always making our dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks God we can see Nature with the eyes of our souls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like u are in heaven!....Love purple and green.... bet its soothing to the eye...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Etsy.com
    Of course...there's probably a robe there, too.

    Yeah, you can't go wrong following your bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only know you through your blog but am smiling because we seem to come to similar conclusions and make similar decisions on the same days. Strange. Not in a creepy way but in a sort of, sometimes the universe puts random things in front of you to reinforce important ideas kind of way. Came across you accidentally and am so glad I did. Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete