NEW WEBSITE!

I INVITE YOU TO BECOME A REGULAR AT MY WEBSITE.
WWW.YOURJOYOLOGIST.COM

Saturday, April 24, 2010

in wonderment

How come some nights the sound of the ocean is overwhelmingly beautiful and some nights I am not even conscious of it. I am in the coziest of surroundings right now, at home. Everything is the same as every other night, the same, but different. I have put a few drops of Chill Pill Aromatherapy in my diffuser. I have turned off the ceiling lights and just have my one Ikea soft mood floor lamp on. The smells of lavender are wafting to my bed with the breeze coming from my balcony door. I am astonished. I am overcome. I am in love. The sounds from the Ocean are so mighty, so relaxing. It is if the God’s are telling me a story to tuck me in for bed.

Every night there is a story being told by the God’s in the ocean and the air. Every night I leave my door open, but not every night is my listening tuned in to hear what they have to offer me. Is that bad? Is that wrong? That some nights I have no awareness of these beautiful symphonies. No, I say no, it is not. So, does that mean it is bad if I do notice these lullabies every night? Well, no, of course not. Tonight, I tuned in and I am overwhelmed with this simple, natural magnificence. Last night, I was not tuned in to it. I was tuned into something else and the sound of the waves was just distant background music. It’s all good.

If I choose to stop and smell every single flower, every time I see one, AMAZING. If I choose to stop and smell one flower for every 186,000 that I encounter, AMAZING. There is no rule that I have to follow for wonderment. I must not make myself feel bad for not stopping to listen to the lullabies every night. Tonight, I notice it. Tonight, I am in wonderment. Tonight is all there is. Last night doesn’t exist anymore. For all I know, I did have a moment of wonderment with the ocean noises last night and I just don’t remember because then I read an amazing story and so that has become my story for last night, that I read an amazing story (or whatever happened).

So when I find myself paused in appreciation for something, I will be with it and enjoy it and not worry about why I didn’t see it, hear it, taste it, love it before (or forgot about it). I am with it now and that is all that matters. Right now is all there is.

3 comments:

  1. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it."


    ("Thief of time" Terry Pratchett)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When someone says "i'm not impressed about anything anymore" i think its so sad...because finding something surprising and inspiring every day and putting yourself in the position to see it, feeling and enjoy it is what makes life worth living! :)

    ReplyDelete